Popular Post

Posted by : otakukenyan May 10, 2012




The first time I watched Shaman King was because I was really bored and my Anikki (Leo)recommended it to me. After watching just a few episodes I got more and more into it. And after a while I was a huge fan!

The plot is great with many twists surrounding the past of Yoh and his companions while continuing their quest towards becoming the shaman king.  The battles are also good with cool moves and good music in the background.

The powers of the different characters are actually pretty decent. Although they tend to do what I call bleaching (suddenly gain tremendous powers out of nowhere because they can) you get to see them train and develop their powers so when it comes to that the show is really good.

The animation technique is good from the start, the character development is actually good and not just parts you yawn your way true saying yes, yes, your mother and father was killed by your brother. Your life is filled with hate, we get it (recognize this from somewhere anyone? :D)

There isnt many fillers, right now I am not sure if there anyone to be true. The pace of the anime is good and it keeps you interested throughout the series, but the show had to be canceled due to lack of popularity. I was horrified when I discovered that the anime was done without actually finishing the story, but I would still recommend watching this anime because I started to read the manga after wards and I am not finished with the manga yet, but as far I can see the plot of the anime sticks to the original manga plot.

I rated it a 4 because any anime show can be better, but the only thing I would alter with this anime is a better start and that they actually finished it. I recommend this to anyone who would like to watch a show that really grows on you, but I would not recommend it to people who have to watch one episode and then be fangirls/boys for the rest of their life. Some animes take a few episodes, but those that do are usually worth it.


Twelve games based on the Shaman King series have been released to date, the first being Shaman King Tyoh Senji Ryakketu Funbari Hen on December 21, 2001. No games that were developed in Japan have been released outside of that region, however Konami and 4kids Entertainment developed a series of games that were only released in North America and Europe.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for Ur comments OtakuKenyan

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © 2013 Otaku In Kenya - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - ReDesigned by Zonk - Credits -Johanes Djogan