Popular Post

Posted by : otakukenyan Mar 24, 2013



 

This is a somewhat content based review.You should have at least some knowledge before reading my review. *there are some slight spoilers in it*
STORY: 8
The story at first seemed to start off rather weak, but became very interesting later. It's about two slaves who are as close as brothers; they are always fighting and training against themselves to become stronger. They have a dream to escape slavery and become great generals. their ambition is what fuels them to advance and work hard. At first I didn't understand why they were so eager to become warriors from them just seeing a battle, but it later became clear as we find out that that is how they intend to escape their current social stature as slaves. They are orphans who were taken in as slaves, they have a dream and they train tirelessly to achieve it. Later Hyou dies and that's where things get serious. When he died, I have to admit it gave me goosebumps and really made me empathize with Shin and the pain that he felt. An anime that can make me feel something emotionally is certainly a well done anime. That what I have to say about that.

ART: 6
I give the art a six because it really throws me off. The animation is far different from traditional animes. I don't know if it's something new, or if they purposely wanted to make it this way, but is almost feels like a poorly developed 3D game if you know what I'm getting at. I personally think that the animation could have been better.

SOUND: 8
I give the sound a 8 because the voices are certainly awesome. They main character's voice is actually Ichigo's from bleach. Hyou is also some famous voice, but I don't quite recall what it is. And the guy that narrates for background information is the same guy who does it for one piece. I personally really liked the voices and I think that they fit quite well. The only thing that threw me off a little is Shin's and Hyou's voices. the voices seemed a bit too mature for their age, they're like kids or mid-teens yet they have grown up voices; It throws you off a little.That's the only thing I don't like about it. But other than that, I'd say well done on the sound.
CHARACTERS: 9
I don't know why but apparently, Hyou, the more outgoing of the two is favored more by others more than Shin is. The family who he is enslaved to treats him better and even the old royal guy who offered him to come with him to be an officer seemed to want him more. I suppose it makes sense though because Shin is more rough around the edges than Hyou (more rude and upfront). But I personally like Shin more, I feel like he has a stronger personality than Hyou. Their relationship is as strong as brothers and they are easy to like. I also feel like the kid's strength is greatly exaggerated for their sizes. They carried a basket that was like 4 times their size. And shin plowed through a huge group of strong bandits.I get that they are strong, but it makes no sense how they can do all that with their size and proportion...

The Characters I don't like is that old royal asshole who only offered a position for Hyou and wouldn't take Shin when its clear they would both make excellent soldiers. I also hate the family that the two of them are enslaved to. They are spoiled little pricks who deserve to die, or at least in my opinion. And lastly, the King's little brother really pisses me off. He's jealous of his brother who is the king and starts a revolt because of it. He is the most spoiled little bitch I have ever seen. My anger towards him only show how good of a job this anime did in making a decent supporting side character. I also think it's stupid that anyone would follow a little midget who has no power and thinks he's something special. It never does make any sense to me why people would follow such a pathetic excuse of a human being.


Overall though, I like the characters introduced thus far, and It certainly makes me think more of this anime for it.
ENJOYMENT: 9
My enjoyment to this point is fairly high and I'm interested in what's going on. I feel like this is going to be a successful anime based on what I saw so far to this point.
OVERALL: 8
I give this an 8 total because of the average of all the scores, and I feel that it describes my thoughts on it quite well. I would definitely recommend this anime. At the very least it is worth seeing yourself.  season two will be in mid year.

{ 2 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. You should continue writing reviews. Good job! :)

    -tofu

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Ur comments OtakuKenyan

- Copyright © 2013 Otaku In Kenya - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - ReDesigned by Zonk - Credits -Johanes Djogan